My telephone stopped working when I got an ADSL connection
There are several ways to resolve this problem.
- Make sure you have installed an ADSL filter (provided with your modem) on each telephone socket. Without the filter the line can be scrambled or non-existent.
- You may have an installation with crossed cables. In that case, refer to the FAQ on the installation of your Fritzbox (Installation and start up / Installing my FB).
- If you still have a problem, call our Customer Service on 800 777 77.
My telephone stopped working when I got a connection with high to very high speed (VDSL or fiber)
You can carry out these checks:
- Check if your telephone is connected to your Fritzbox on a Fon1 or Fon2 port.
- Connect to the interface of your Fritzbox and in "Overview" check if the Telephony button is green and indicates your fixed line.
- Follow this path: ==> Telephony ==> Telephony peripheral on which your fixed line is connected (Fon 1 or Fon 2);
- Your fixed line is connected to a different Fon port than the one in your Fritzbox: connect the line to the right port and do a test.
If you use a DECT telephone:
In the Fritzbox interface (menu) under "Overview", check if the Dect button is green.
-> If the Dect button is green, re-sync your telephone handset with your Fritzbox.
-> If the Dect button is grey, call our Customer Service on 800 777 77.
Problems with call quality
If the quality of your calls is poor:
- Check the environment around your box (certain objects can affect the quality of your Fritzbox, e.g. a mobile phone).
- Reboot your Fritzbox.
- Change your fixed telephone.
If that doesn't help, call our Customer Service on 800 777 77.